As United Methodists, we believe we bear witness to Jesus Christ when we put our faith and love into action. The Christian faith
is grounded in the love and grace of God, experienced through Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in one God, who created the world and all that is in it.
- We believe that God is sovereign; that is, God is the ruler of the universe.
- We believe that God is loving and we can experience God's love and grace.
- We believe that Jesus was human. He lived as a man and died when he was crucified.
- We believe that Jesus is divine. He is the Son of God.
- We believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and that the risen Christ lives today. (Christ and Messiah mean the same thing-God's anointed.)
- We believe that Jesus is our Savior. In Christ we receive abundant life and forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that Jesus is our Lord and that we are called to pattern our lives after his.
The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is God with us.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit comforts us when we are in need and convicts us when we stray from God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit awakens us to God's will and empowers us to live out God's call on our lives.
- We believe that God created human beings in God's image and that each person is loved by God and is an individual of sacred worth.
- We believe that humans can choose to accept or reject a relationship with God.
- We believe that all humans need to be in relationship with God in order to be fully human.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ's life and ministry in the world today. Our church is open to all who would come.
- We believe that the mission of the church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the church is called to worship God and to support those who participate in its life as they grow in faith and reach out in service to the world.