The mission of the Men's committee is to be Doers of the Word and not Hearers only.
We meet on the first Saturday of each month at 8:30am at the Church. We are active in supporting several agencies within the community: Citrus United Basket (CUB), The Path of Citrus County, and The Resource Center. We also sponsor a child from Ghana Africa through Compassion International.
United Methodist Men Officers:
- President: Frank Williams
- Vice President: Pat Richardson
- Secretary: John Fischer
- Treasurer: Tom Green
- Chaplains: TBA
Hernando United Methodist Men will meet on Saturday, April 3rd. Breakfast is served at 8:30 am and meeting at 9:00 am. All men are welcome to join us.
United Methodist Men Food Drive
Thank you for bringing in food for the food pantry. Food drive under the portico on the 3rd Monday of each month. We gave 290 lbs. to CUB. Please continue to bring in your canned goods and nonperishable food items on the 3rd Monday of each month.
Why is men's ministry important?
- Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds. Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others.
- Men growing in Christ become effective spiritual leaders in their homes and congregations, working as partners with their spouses and congregational leaders-both lay and clergy.
- Spiritually growing men help congregations to become vital and alive.
- Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, lifestyle evangelism, and faithful obedience. Men are foundational to the life and health of the church.
- When a man lives daily in surrendered faith, God is honored and many lives are blessed. Transformed hearts are forged only within Christ-centered lives nothing less is our acceptable offering; nothing less truly reveals Christ.